Whats a Good Vlogging Camera
Starting to video blog which is also known as vlog takes more than just the built-in camera on your laptop. Any basic built-in or standalone webcam will do the trick, but if you want to produce a quality video that will get noticed, then you will need to invest in a standalone camera that can keep up with your excellent content.
So before we get started, there's a lot of things you have to consider before you buy a camera in general. So today we're going to talk about vlogging specific things to consider.
- The first thing for me is wide-angle. You know if you're holding a camera arm's distance arm's length you want to make sure you're capturing the whole shot. So wide-angle is super important.
- The next thing is that it's pocket-sized and that it's light you know what your vlogging camera to be super heavy or crazy.
- Another thing to consider is how easy is it to use. You know I know some people are experts I know some of you are beginners. But the point is when you want to get a shot going write them in there you want it to be easy to use quickly to turn on and boom you capture the shot.
- The last two things are that it has some cameras have image stabilization. Because if you're holding the camera out there it's shaky it makes a little bit more smooth and then you also if possible want to be good in low-light. If it's a sunny day, it's no big deal, but at nighttime when you're vlogging, you really want to make sure that it looks good in low-light.
There are lots of great camera for vlogging, and here we have compiled the list of some of the best vlogging cameras:
This camera is fantastic which offers a mind-blowing 45-megapixel camera sensor, which provides the most precise and most explicit picture. This camera can also shoot at brilliant 4k resolution.
This is a pretty durable camera whose shutter has been tested to last at least 500000 cycles. The technical features of the camera are also outstanding which extends up to 102000 for still photos and 25600 for 4k images. The battery of the camera also lasts for hours, which has a flexible screen that also offers a wide range of sensors. This is a camera that a large number of vloggers used these days.
Canon 70D is the best and choice of most of the video bloggers. It is a favorite camera among the youtube community because of its unique and fantastic autofocus which does not support in most of the DSLR right now.
Zoella which is a famous youtube vlogger uses the same camera in her professional setup which will help her to provide the best quality of videos.
Some of its advanced features of this camera:
- It has 20 MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 5+
- 19 point cross-type AF System
- ISO 100-12800, expandable to 25600
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF for fast focus in live view and video
- 3″ Touch panel LCD Screen which can flip out
Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II
The G7 Mark II is an excellent big camera from its predecessor. The camera has a wide range of incredible features which every vlogger want at a reasonable price.
The camera showcases an impressive 1.0 inch, 21-megapixel sensor lens and seven image processor that offers remarkable image stabilization, excellent image clarity, and autofocus. The camera provides a pretty full HD video quality, but it lacks the 4k support quality which might be a big problem for some of the vloggers.
The camera also features has an aperture of f/1.8(W)-f/2.8(T), 4.2x optical zoom, a 9-blade iris diaphragm and an IS lens. The camera has a built-in Wi-Fi which makes it easy to share your photos and video with both the family and friends. The only complaint with this camera is of the battery. With a life of just a couple hours, this camera could benefit from better battery life.
Canon S12 is a high point and shooting vlogging camera which is an alternate to the G7x for the low budget folks. It has wifi, image stabilization and wide angle lens which is perfect for vlogging.
Some of the famous youtube vloggers such as Casey Nesistat called it “The Almost Perfect Video Camera.” Mr. Ben Brown and FunForLouis are also using this camera for their vlogging.
Some of the advanced features of the S120 are 13 megapixels high-sensitivity 1/1.7-inch CMOS sensor combined with the Canon DIGIC 6 image. The lens aperture is f/1.8 and 24mm wide angle lens which will give great video plus a blurry background with the aperture ratio.
Sony 4K HD Video Recording FDRAX33
If you are looking for a 4k vlogging camera, then you can try using the Sony FDRAX33. It allows you to vlog with the 4k resolution with superiors image stabilization and is fully equipped with ZEISS lens. The sony FDRAX33 offers a versatile shooting experience because it uses AVCHD and MP4 codecs.
The 4K resolution exceeds what you’d get from full High Definition, and the images shot with this camera look incredibly realistic and vivid. The ZEISS optics capture sharp 4K and use a 29mm wide-angle lens. With its stream feature, you can use this camera to broadcast live, which is excellent for vlogging purposes.